Licorice root has several potential benefits for the skin:
1. Anti-Inflammatory: Licorice root contains compounds like glycyrrhizin and glabridin that have anti-inflammatory properties. These can help soothe irritated or inflamed skin.
2. Hyperpigmentation: Licorice root extract helps reduce the appearance of dark spots, melasma, and hyperpigmentation by inhibiting the production of melanin in the skin. It is a brightens the skin's radiance.
3. UV Protection: It has been suggested that licorice root may offer some level of protection against UVB rays, which can help protect the skin from sun damage.
4. Moisturization: Some skincare products use licorice root for its moisturizing properties, helping to keep the skin hydrated and supple.
5. Acne and Redness: Licorice root's anti-inflammatory properties can be beneficial for people with acne-prone skin, as it may help reduce redness and inflammation associated with acne.
6. Antioxidant: Licorice root contains antioxidants that can help combat free radicals, which contribute to premature aging and skin damage.
Licorice root is just one of the many professional-strength botanicals that are used in Julie's Pure Results product line!